Machine grade polypropylene strapping bands, sometimes called poly strapping, are a lightweight strap used to bundle newspapers, seal and bundle cartons, secure light loads, and for other light-duty applications. The embossed surface makes the strapping flexible so it’s easier to bend around edges and irregular shapes. These strapping bands are applied using strapping machines.
- Strong polypropylene strapping is 1/2 the weight of steel strapping.
- Easier, safer and less expensive to use.
- Smooth or embossed surface.
- Costs less–Saving up to 50% over polyester or steel strapping.
- Resists shock–Elongates 5% to 10% to withstand stress and absorb severe shock.
- Excellent recovery–Recovers 90% to 95% of it’s original length.
- Impervious to rust–Can’t be affected by rust or rot.
- Weighs less–Weighs only 1/10 of steel strapping for the same footage.
- Conforms to all shapes–Even with irregular-shaped cartons.
- Safer to use–No sharp edges, eliminates backlash.
- Notch resistant–Will not shear across strap even if nicked